01Korean Language Course
|Terms||Hours per week||Hours per day||Class time||Tuition|
|10 weeks||20 hours||4 hours||9:00 ~ 12:50||KRW 1,100,000|
|Spring||2017. 03. 06 ~ 2017. 03. 19|
|Summer||2017. 06. 05 ~ 2017. 08. 11|
|Fall||2017. 09. 04 ~ 2017. 09. 17|
|Winter||2017. 12. 04 ~ 2017. 02. 09|
How to register
- ① Mail the required documents to the department or visit out institute's main office
- ② Fill in the personal information and the purpose of study in the 'student's information card'.
- ③ Submit the registration form and other required documents to the office.
- ④ After the document has been reviewed, you or your agent will be notified of the tuition and registration fee.
- ⑤ Deposit the tuition to the bank account number of the department.
- ⑥ The institute will then issue your admission document.
What to bring
- ① An application form(in the designated format issued by the department)
- ② A copy of your most current diploma and academic transcript
- ③ A copy of your passport or alien registration card.
- ④ Two photos of 3x4cm.
- ⑤ Bank statement has to be over 3,000 $USD
03 Course Description
|Level||Educational objectives||Functions||Grammar||Number of words|
|Level 1|| || || ||600|
|Level 2|| || || ||850|
|Level 3|| || || ||1,000|
|Level 4|| || || ||1,200|
|Level 5|| || || ||1,300|
|Level 6|| || || ||1,500|
- ① Students must attend at least 80 percent of the class in order to advance to the next level.
- ② Failure to attend at least 80 percent of the class will result in failing to extend their visa.
- ③ Three tardies count as one absence.
Students who hold either a C-3 or D-4 can apply for Korean Language School class, YSC.
|A General short-term Visa(C-3)||This visa is generally called a tourist visa. Students planning to study at YSC Korean Language School for only one term may apply for the C-3 Visa. This visa is good for three months and can be issued immediately upon arrival. However, be aware that this visa cannot be extended in Korea with the effective time period of the visa. Note that a visa is often renewable simply by leaving Korean and reentering, but this is both time-consuming and expensive.|
|A General Student Visa(D-4)|| |
Students who are planning to study for more than one term should apply for D-4 visa. This visa is usually good for six months at a tie and can be renewed in Korea. Since this visa takes approximately 1 months to process, students should apply for this visa at least two months prior to their intended date of departure to Korea.
In order to achieve a D-4 visa, you need to bring a certificate of admission from a school, a letter of sponsorship(authorized), a bank statement, and a passport to the Immigration Office. However, a D-4 visa cannot be guaranteed. If you have a tourist visa, please call the Immigration Office for more details.
Documents required to submit
05 Other information
In korea, both monthly and leases of a house on a deposit basis exist. Since the lease of a house on a deposit basis is very expensive, most foreign students choose to rent a room. For those who come to Korea for the first time and need help, the department of Korean Language School, YSC will introduce a clean boarding house near the campus ranging from KRW 300,000 to KRW 500,000.
Korea has four distinctive seasons. The yearly average temperature is between 10℃ ~ 16℃, but the temperature in January usually drops to -0.7℃ while the hottest temperature in August could reach 35℃. The monsoon season starts from the end of June and lasts about 30 days.
- For other inquiries, please contact us at
- Global Education Center, YSC Dongburo, Cheoingu, Yongin, Kyunggido
- Tel. 82-31-330-9081~3
- Fax. 82-31-330-9491